I’m passionate about helping people recover from health challenges and surgery—and also stay healthy—through massage. Over the years I’ve seen clients with all sorts of health issues and conditions, many of them related to the chest and breast. I pursued additional training to expand my ability to help clients through chest and breast massage.
What is chest and breast massage?
For women and men, massage of the chest supports better breathing by relieving chest tightness and reducing tension in the ribcage, neck and throat. Easy breathing leads to physical, emotional, mental and spiritual stress relief.
Massage therapists trained in this type of massage focus on providing touch that is safe, pleasant, neutral/non-sexual, and effective for all clients. The techniques are full-handed, with direct pressure to the muscles in the chest area and deep to the mammary glands.
What can clients expect?
Before the massage begins, we will do a comprehensive intake form and discuss communication and draping. The massage can be done with the sheet on or off the chest area, whichever the client prefers.
What are the benefits of chest and breast massage?
- Relieves stress and pain
- Supports ease of breathing
- Helps client feel and connect with their body in a precious, natural and holistic manner
- Supports healthy posture
- Supports healthy circulation of blood and lymph and subsequently the immune system
- Supports clients preparing for and /or recovering from surgery
- Helps mobilize scar tissue
- Supports healthy lactation
- Helps treat neck, rib and shoulder injuries
- Helps relieve neck, shoulder and back tension related to having larger, heavier breasts
What conditions can chest and breast massage help to heal?
Chest and breast massage can be effective to enhance healing for a myriad of conditions, including:
- Scar tissue
- Breast reduction or augmentation
- Breast implant removal (explant)
- Lactation problems
- Fibrocystic breast disease
- Cancer-related issues
- Shoulder and neck injuries
- Open heart surgery
Chest and breast massage can be a valuable addition to a full body massage. We all hold emotion and trauma in our bodies and being able to include this work can create transformation in healing body, mind and spirit.